Thanks Bridgette for this easy weeknight meal!
Bridgette's Pasta with Kale and Italian Sausage
I got this from my friend's Facebook feed and I'm keeping it here because it only takes 30-35 minutes to make. Perfect for a week night dinner rush!
- 6 oz dry whole wheat pasta
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ medium yellow or orange bell pepper, chopped PREP AHEAD
- ½ medium onion, chopped PREP AHEAD
- 8 oz Italian-style turkey sausage, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 3 cups bunch kale, ribs removed, chopped PREP AHEAD
- 1 Tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
Heat large skillet over medium heat.
Add oil, bell pepper, and onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
Add sausage and garlic, Season with salt and pepper if desired; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes, or until sausage starts to brown.
Add broth and kale; cook, stirring occasionally, adding additional broth or water as needed, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until kale is soft.
Add pasta to sausage mixture.
Top with cheese if desired.